Administration of a construction contract is a critical part of the building process. The role of the Contract Administrator is to ensure both parties to a building contract undertake their respective contractual duties on time and in accordance with the terms of the contract.
A Vital Part of the Building Process
Some of the CA duties include:
- Assessing workmanship and quality of materials in accordance with the contract documents.
- Assessing Contractor’s valuation claims and advising the client when payments are due.
- Assessing progress of works in accordance with the contract programme.
- Assessing Contractor’s requests for extensions of time to the contract.
- Issuing certification when works are complete or defects have been rectified