Who administers the loans?
The loans are administered on behalf of the HCA by a company called Target Services Limited (Target).
Find out more about Target HCA Help to Buy.
The loans provided can be up to 20% of the cost of the home you buy and are interest free for up to 5 years.
For more details on how Help to Buy works we think this is a useful read: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mortgages/help-to-buy-equity-loans/
If you decide to sell your home, remortgage or redeem your Help to Buy loan you will have to instruct a valuation by an independent RICS certified surveyor. The valuation is only valid for 3 months.
I want a Help to Buy Valuation
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Appoint a RICS regulated surveyor
- The RICS regulated surveyor must be completely independent, not related to you and not associated with an estate agent
- The valuation report needs to meet specific and stringent criteria in order for it to be accepted
- The valuation report cannot be carried out for bank or mortgage purposes
- The report MUST include at least 3 comparable properties and sale prices
- The report must meet Target’s full criteria
- If it is rejected, getting a new report that does meet the criteria is your responsibility. Including paying for a new valuation.
Why JDB Surveys?
- We have extensive experience providing Help to Buy valuation reports, getting it right first time. We have been undertaking these valuations for over 2 years and to date, we have a 100% HCA approval rate.
- We have extensive experience within the Liverpool and surrounding areas, so can provide the comparable valuations required by Target.
- We have extensive experience valuing and surveying all types of property including new build.
Take the next step and call us on 0773 0760887 or drop us a message.
We will be happy to talk you through the process and provide you with a no obligation quote for your Target HCA Help to Buy Valuation.